Adventure Travel Ideas for the Family During Spring Break

This week my daughter came to me and announced that, it was time to start planning for a spring break vacation. I thought really. Already? She apparently needs a break from the rigors of school. Then it occurred to me that I too need a break from the rigors of work and a little R and R is just the ticket to rejuvenate the both of us. I asked her had she thought of a few destinations that might be interesting and to my dismay; she produced a list of places she'd like to go. I have to tell you I was impressed that a 15 year old would take such initiative and put together a well thought out and researched list of destinations. I guess she really is learning something in school!

We are a family of RVers and campers. We enjoy adventure travel and the great outdoors and to that end, most of the destinations on her list fell into the camping arena. Whether we rent a vacation home or RV, we like the homey feel of having our own things along with us. Not to mention if we left my daughters four legged BFF behind she'd have a fit! While my daughters list was extensive, I choose a few places that I thought would be a great deal of fun and thought I would share them with you.

Kissimmee and Orlando, FL

While we live in Miami Florida, we have never been to this part of the state. Like most children, my daughter was excited about going to Walt Disney World, Epcot Center and Universal Studios. After a little research of my own, I discovered that this part of Florida has some of the best RV parks in the country, all within a couple of miles from the main attractions. At less than $30, a day to rent an RV site this destination made the top of the affordable vacation list.

Stone Mountain Park, GA

I was surprised to see this destination on the list. Not your typical kid destination but then again my daughter is no typical kid. I think what really attracted her to this destination was the very cool Swiss type cable car that takes you to the summit of Stone Mountain. From the top, (a mere 825 feet above ground) you have an incredible view of Confederate Memorial Carving.

Grand Canyon, AZ

Believe it or not, this adventure travel family has never seen the Grand Canyon. It's hard to believe that this natural wonder has never made the list of places to vacation. RV parks are plentiful here and certainly offer all of the conveniences of home but with a spectacular view. Something that we are both interested in seeing is the impressive Skywalk. The Skywalk projects out some 70 feet above the canyon and features a glass floor. Talk about adventure!

Well with all of these destinations, I'm sure we will be able to find something incredible to do. I think I'll put my daughter in charge of the family vacation planning because she did a fantastic job!

Ronald Silbermann has a combined, extensive work experience in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Africa. He has made a mission out of introducing the American Adventure Traveler to all this country has to offer for a fun-filled vacation of heart-stopping adventure experiences. Rentzio is the premier aggregator for rental agencies and individual owners to rent out RV's, motorhomes, trailers, snowmobiles, motorcycles, ATVs, bikes, watercraft and vacation homes.